Friday, September 9, 2011

A writers getaway and the haunted rooms

On September 29, 2011 will be my very own writer’s retreat and ghost hunt. Well, not really a ghost hunt but more like video taping and using a digital recorder and just letting the machines roll with out me saying anything. That way I don’t have to worry about something following me home and having it unite with the ones I have already (which have been really quite for a while).

Let’s talk about the writer’s retreat first then I’ll get back to the ghost hunt. I’m not really one of those who needs total peace and quite when I write. But there are many and I mean many distractions that is outside my little bubble. I love listening to music that makes me get in the mood and takes me away from the world of reality and there are things that make me realize that I need my own office that is outside the house.

I have been discussing with a friend of mine, a mini vacation that deals with locking yourself in a hotel room for 3 days and just write. Knowing my luck I would be outside the hotel doing sight seeing then writing. This friend of mine was thinking about taking a weekend off and heading to a nice little town in the middle of America where the leaves change and the coolness of the air gives one a feeling that fall is just around the corner. The retreat was a great idea, and she wanted to do it right away, I would love to go at a moment notice. But then I live all the way over here on the western side of the country while she lives in Tornado Ally.
There are two minor details that kind of keep me from jumping on the next plane and heading to middle America is the dreadful thing called a job that requires two months notice and the paper that is considered the most dirtiest thing known to man called money.

Since I don’t have either, the money or the time at the moment, I decided to kill two birds with one stone. There are a few hotels around this area that I never stayed in and I thought I have a whole week of at the end of September, I thought it would be a good way to do a writer’s retreat and also it is a few weeks from Halloween hence the ghost hunt. Well, if you know me, I mean really know me. Then you would know I’m kind of curious about the paranormal and the two hotels are “supposed” to be haunted.

The first one is the Copper Queen hotel in Bisbee Arizona


(for those who watch Ghost Hunters this is the place where Grant had his experience in the Julia’s room) and being the type of person I am I’m staying in the Julia’s room for one night. Crossing my fingers I can get something done while I’m there. I was thinking about doing more then one night here but with the price of $150 a night kind of turned me off, so I chose another place that I was told was haunted by the locals is the Hotel La More/Bisbee Inn:


With $89 dollars a night I can afford two nights. Now I'm sounding something off the Travel Channel..LOL..I will be staying in room 12 which is called the green room which is suppose to be haunted by a ghost named
Abigail, and it is said that if you start smelling lavender then you know she is near.

In a feature blog I will post the history of Bisbee Arizona.

No comments:

Post a Comment